Preventing Laptop Theft with a USB Flashdrive
Posted by keelynet on October 20, 2009
“You can use a flash drive as a laptop alarm to prevent your laptop from being stolen. When a thief removes the laptop from the table, the USB flash drive will be disconnected from the laptop and a loud siren will sound.
In addition to sounding an alarm, the software sends an alert to your cell phone. Even if the thief gets away with the laptop, its data is destroyed by the software, so your identity can’t be stolen.
/ (I’d suggest you cover the flashdrive with a napkin, book, paper, something so no one would see it. – JWD)
1. Install free software on your laptop. lalarm.com/LaptopAlarm.
2. Fasten a neck strap to the flash drive.
3. Fasten the other end of the strap to a table.
4. Plug the flash drive into the USB port of a laptop.
5. Lock the laptop by pressing the Windows logo key and “L” key together.” – Full Article SourceAdvertisements
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.